Monday, October 6, 2014

Cover Girl + Olay

I just LOVE reviewing beauty products! I was the happy recipient of a set of Cover Girl + Olay collaboration: Facelift Effect Firming Make-up and De-Puffer Concealer courtesy of Bzz Agent recently, so I am excited to be asked for my opinion.

First, let me just admit that my fantasy ideal make-up product is indeed something that would reduce eye puffiness. I make an effort to avoid excess sodium and sleep on my back, but I still have the occasional eye puffiness. It would be great to have an effective treatment that produces visible results in say, the time it takes to get ready for work in the morning.

The Covergirl + Olay De-Puffer applicator has a metal tip, presumably for it's cooling effect. I have used other eye product applicators with a similar tip... it may contribute something to the overall de-puffing effect of the product, but on it's own, I don't think this feature would make a lot of difference. It's a nice cool feeling though, as it's gliding around the eye area.

The product that is dispensed goes on pretty thin and with a natural look. That is a good thing as far as I am concerned - I would rather have buildable coverage rather than a thick coating under my eyes that winds up looking cakey. The cool metal tip is not enough of a blender, however. A finger or make-up sponge is needed to smooth out the product and blend it into the skin. I liked this product a lot, even though I can't necessarily say it is the miracle I was looking for. It does help cool and cover, but I don't think it's going to hide the fact you watched a tear-jerker last night with a big bowl of salty popcorn.

I also tried the Covergirl + Olay Facelift Effect Firming Make-up. On its own, the make -up has great coverage and goes on with a mousse-like consistency. Not to say that it has a bubbly texture like mousse, but more like it has a thick consistency but light, not heavy feeling. I really liked the coverage results I got from this product and not a lot is needed for full coverage.

I will admit that had I seen this product on the shelf at the store I would not have tried it. I tend to dislike "pot" forms of products for the face. Whether it is make-up or moisturizer, I am always worried about introducing bacteria into the product container. Plus, this form of dispensing is always a little messy, and it is more difficult for me to control the amount of product used. Overall, though, the coverage is really nice and I felt like I was ready for a photo finish. Great products, both.



*A last note - being an animal lover, I tend to prefer to purchase products that are not tested on animals, but I have some confusion about which category these products are in. I belive Olay does test, but CoverGirl does not. I will update if/when I have a definitive answer.
 
#GotItFree #GetALift


No comments:

Post a Comment