Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dr. Scholl's Active Series replacement insoles

I had the opportunity to try Dr. Scholl's Active Series replacement insoles recently via Influenster. (@InfluensterVox ) These insoles are geared to athletes, which I take to mean someone with an active lifestyle. I am not a runner, but I do walk after work and I have a standing work station, so I am on my feet a most of the day on the job. These are nicely made insoles compared to other brands I have tried. I like that they are firm, not floppy, although the gel area near the toe area of the insoles does have a bit if that squishy, unstable feel. Some people may love the gel feeling, but it is not my favorite. It’s great for standing still as far as being very comfortable, but with movement there is too much of a wobbly feeling of instability for me. But that is the only caveat with a hearty recommendation for these insoles. They go into the shoe very easily. Again, the firmness of the insole makes it so much simpler to insert into the shoe than others I have tried. They are made with three areas of foot support. The heel cup is great! It fits very well, and I tend to have narrow feet, so that is a real plus. The instep is high, which takes a little getting used to, but it definitely a positive. I would recommend wearing these insoles for shorter periods of time at first, rather than sticking them into the athletic shoes and heading off to work for a twelve hour day of standing. They started out really comfortable, but as the day wore on, the high arch was was really feeling like... well, a lump. I think it's really just a matter of getting used to them. I will definitely leave these in my shoes and see how they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment