Sunday, February 7, 2016

L'Oreal Paris Re-Volumize Volume Filler


I received a whole suite of products from Influenster for free to test and review. The products are part of L'Oreal Paris' new skin care line called "Revitalift Volume Filler." Intriguing! I didn't know I was losing volume, but according to the packaging, " Anti-aging is not just about chasing after lines and wrinkles, but also about replenishing skin volume." Our skin starts to lose volume as its levels of Hyaluronic Acid start to decline. I have been hearing so much about Hyaluronic Acid from my beauty magazines. It is a naturally occurring hydrating substance within skin and we want to keep it. This is so exciting! I was anxious to try it.

I got the assortment of products shown above: a day cream, a night cream, an eye specific treatment and a concentrated serum. The first thing I love about the serum is the packaging. The product is dispensed almost syringe style... it feels like you are getting an expensive, precious drop of youth like you would get by prescription at a dermatologist's office. Ingenious! Not only did I feel like this was something special, the formula is smooth and creamy, similar to a high end moisturizer. Love this!

The other item I really wanted to get on my face is the eye cream. It also has a cool dispenser tip. It comes in a tube and the tip is small so you can't dispense too much and waste it. I was super happy to note that the product itself isn't oily feeling. I have so much trouble with my mascaras giving me raccoon eyes, I am really hesitant to use anything too slick under my eyes. It just makes it worse.

The other two products seem pretty routine: a tube for the Night Cream and a nice heavy pot for the day cream. A note about that - a pot is not typically my preferred method of delivery - I would rather have a pump container. I worry about contamination of the product from dipping into the jar. I don't share my products with anyone and I have never had a problem, but still. It usually takes a good while to use this stuff up, so I worry about bacterias growing in there. Probably no foundation for the worry, but there it is.

The next thing I noticed about this product line is the fragrance. I happen to like it - it is light and fresh and nice, but it was a little surprising to me. I think a lot of people are sensitive to fragrances and of course it is a very personal thing whether one will like it or not. Three of the four products I tried have a pretty noticeable scent. The exception is the eye cream, but perhaps I'm not getting the fragrance since I am using so little of it. Again, I find it pleasant. It is not medicinal or herbal, but a nice, almost floral fragrance.

On to results! That's really what we all want to know, right? I think this product line is a great investment for serviceable moisturizers at a very reasonable price point. I don't think there is anything that is going to reverse the wrinkles out side of the dermatologist's office, but this does a great job of keeping the skin hydrated and thus, smoother looking. It's possible my skin is plumper, but for me, its not hugely noticeable. I will continue to use these products, and it's possible I will notice more change as time marches on. I believe you really need to use something for a while to see the results. Mostly, I Want To Believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment